fot

Re: TR2

To: FOT@autox.team.net, EISANDIEGO@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: TR2
From: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@mailhost2.planet.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 19:18:02 +0000
EISANDIEGO@aol.com wrote:
> I am looking for some advice on a correct price for a TR2 long door. The car
> is structurally sound, essentially rust free. The engine still runs very
> strong despite being stored for an extended period of time. The car has
> overdrive, which under mild testing seems to be still working. I have
> confirmed that the car was actively raced in the Midwwest. It still sports
> funky wheels with welded on fins for brake cooling. In addition, it has a
> number of other race minor modifications. However, I am thinking more street
> than race track.

The answer is: It depends.  Any running an relatively rust free
TR-2/3/3A is probably worth at least $3000 or more.  A lot will
depend on how original the car actually is.  Is the engine the
original TR2 engine an cylinder head.  How much of the other
original TR2 aspects of the car remain unchanged.

Additionally, does the car need to be repainted, bodywork needed?

If the car was actually raced, it may have greater value as a
Vintage Race Car than as a TR-2 for the street, especially if
the original TR-2 stuff is not on it any more.

What is the commission number of the car?
What is the engine serial number?

Bill Sohl
VTR magazine editor.