fot

2001 and Goodwood

To: "Joe H. Alexander" <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Subject: 2001 and Goodwood
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 15:53:12 -0000
Joe,

I think it's important to try and nip things in the bud about
Goodwood. I've never been there for the Festival of Speed myself but
it looks as though some hares are running with people making all
sorts of plans about bringing cars with them to race.

Paul will give you far more feedback on the scene than I can but I
think the organisers will probably be less than inclined to allow
visiting cars to participate in the event. It's worth mentioning too
(and again I bow to Paul's more detailed knowledge)  that UK/European
competition standards in terms of vehicle specs can be radically
different to the extent that there could be complete incompatibility
between visiting cars and the more home-brewed versions. Bring the
cars by all means, but don't assume they might automatically be
allowed to participate.

The whole thing is some way off for the time being but until things
are a little more advanced, I feel its in everyone's interests to not
get too euphoric.

Kind regards
John Mac