fot

Re: 2001 and Goodwood

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2001 and Goodwood
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 10:26:40 -0700 (MST)
First off, I added Mike Cook to the list, he should be getting a copy of
this message.

Secondly, why are you folks trying to get cars TO England?  I'm trying
to come up with a way to fit a Lotus Elise in a suitcase!

Seriously, I imagine if a few folks got together as a group with some shipping
agent, the cost of getting a car over there might be reasonable.  Of course,
I doubt I'll be working on that, right now I can't even afford to buy a new
helmet for the upcoming season.  And perhaps one thing to consider, in terms
of toting a car to England, might be to look into one of the various race
series featuring Triumphs.  When I was over there for the TR Register's 21st
birthday meet, I saw a few race prepped cars.  Perhaps some series like that
might be more in line with the general FOT philosophy.  Of course, given the
range of folks doing various things at various venues, saying "general FOT
philosophy" may be a waste of typing.

mjb.