fot

GT6/TR6 motors

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6/TR6 motors
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 21:55:19 EST
Greetings all,  Good news for me tonight.  Carillo tells me they have found a
blank for my replacement rod and I should see it in a few weeks instead of
months.

As you can imagine I've been thinking a lot about oiling of late.  I'm using
the late TR6 oil pump with the 3/4" pickup tube and screen.  I'm a bit
suspicious of cavitation at the high end from this screen being close to the
square cut tube end.  I'm stewing on grafting on a large diameter pancake
style head as seen in American oil pans to give a vacuum cleaner head effect.
Anybody have any thoughts or done anything like this?  Does anybody know the
GPM of these pumps?

In addition I've got some really pretty 1.65 roller rockers sitting on my that
I can't use because my springs scare me when I get full lift.  I think the
springs are Isky SP-116's as quoted for Spitfire's.  When I use the rollers
with my cam I get about .550 lift at the valve.  What alternative springs are
others using?  Anybody willing to share their killer secret's?  I know of a
wild 1147 Spit using Porsche valve springs (#901-105-901-00) but I don't know
if they'll fit the GT6.  Can anybody comment on that?

Finally, thanks for all the help and leads in finding the odd Carillo.
Bye, Steve