fot

RE: Spec Spitfire?

To: "'Peter Ficklin'" <pficklin@qnis.net>
Subject: RE: Spec Spitfire?
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 07:47:00 -0500
Peter,

        <<  How far do I have to drive to race somebody on weekends?
I'm in central California...  all the way to Texas? >>

So far, yes.  Unless Wisconsin is closer, of course.  I'm underwhelmed
by the interest expressed at this point.  Obviously, this sort of fun
depends entirely on having plenty of company.  Real race cars, as
they're currently developed, would leave a Spec car for dead.  But it
seems like a fun and inexpensive way to get into W2W.  I like the idea
of driving to the track and racing the car and using it to go to work
the next day.

'Course they'd have to put us out on track with the ...  uh ... hmmm ...
can't think of anything else that would be that slow  :-)    Spec
Sprites?

Anybody out there know whether the Spec Sprite program has significant
participation anywhere outside of Texas?

Scott