fot

RE: Spec Spitfire?

To: fot@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: Spec Spitfire?
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 09:27:12 -0500
Bob,

I was just curious to see whether there was a significant number of
people out there thinking, like me, about ways to get started, not spend
a ton of cash and still have a larger group of people to be competitive
with.  The underwhelming response leads me to believe that there is
adequate opportunity for that within the existing classifications.  Just
a thought.

Your point is certainly well taken: and I do agree that the object of
the whole thing is to go out and have fun.  Winning will always be more
expensive, no matter the sport.  I (being cheap) would like to
participate for a few hundred rather than a few thousand dollars a
weekend.

Either way, wheel to wheel is a couple of years off for me.  I'll keep
running my GT6 around the track in the meantime, trying to better the
times of that pesky 240Z.  Either way, I'm having a ball.  Hell, I was
having fun last year and I couldn't get out of my own way!

Scott
sbarr@mccarty-law.com