fot

Re: Triumph/MG Photo Framing

To: Roger Beasley <beeline@iline.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph/MG Photo Framing
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 12:55:09 -0400
Hi Roger,

At 01:54 PM 7/21/99 -0400, Roger Beasley wrote:
>The guy we use when we get frames made here for work just quoted me $80 to
>have the photo put in a plain black aluminum frame with plain glass.  No
>matting, nothing fancy.  Non-glare glass or lexan were even more.  I guess
>I was expecting something less than the $45 I paid for the photo.
>
>How does that price compare with your experiences?  Did he see me coming or
>is that "the rate"?

I had a panoramic photo from the Boulder VTR convention framed several
years ago.  My brother managed a framing shop at the time, and I had
him do it.  Even with the "family discount", it cost me about that
much to have it done; large pieces of glass are expensive, that's the
bottom line.  I don't remember the exact prices any longer, but that
price doesn't surprise me at all.

John Lye

'59 TR-3A, '62 TR-4, '70 GT-6+
email: rjl6n@virginia.edu