fot

Re: There's something funny going on

To: jonmac <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: There's something funny going on
From: Patrick McMullen <pmcmull@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 08:11:45 -0700
Higher levels of water on the Western shores???

There might have been some Tectonic Plate movement under the
Atlantic recently.  Here in North Carolina, we just moved a nearly
200 foot tall 160 ton lighthouse, 1600 away from the Ocean.  (Cape
Hatteras)  Before it was moved, the waters had gotten to within
100 feet of reclaiming this monument.  Once the lighthouse was
moved and resettled, the waters had mysteriously receded.  I don't
think they will move it back though.  This seems to fit the
pattern you are experiencing "Over There".
Also rumor out of Bermuda (Oldest English Colony!) has it
settling.  Last year alone the island lost roughly 7.5 feet of
coastline.

Pat in NC

And I don't drink Scotch.  My Irish half likes Whiskey, while my
German half appreciates good Brandy and Wisconsin beers.  :}