fot

Re: Swallow Doretti

To: Greg Solow <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Subject: Re: Swallow Doretti
From: Scott Fisher <sefisher@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 11:01:27 -0700
Q: What do you call two Swallow Dorettis in a parking lot?

A: The National Convention.

Actually, that was Howard Goldman's (Moss Motors) joke; the National MGB
(you should pardon the expression) Association was doing a tour in Santa
Barbara for the '85 meet, and we all arrived in a park to find two
Swallow Dorettis parked side by side, unrelated to our tour.

One of the best memories of that trip was the scruffy, slightly
strung-out looking guy (complete with a scruffy, slightly strung-out
looking dog in a bandana) hitchiking at the side of highway 101, as he
saw something like 65 or 70 British two-seaters (nearly all with both
seats occupied) drive past him and wave.  We were near the end of the
tour, and the degree to which his jaw had dropped was almost as amusing
as the way his head kept swiveling back and forth, back and forth.  We
were all sure he would soon be complaining to his, uh, pharmacist about
the latest batch.

--Scott