fot

RE: Fw: Monterey Landmark Question

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fw: Monterey Landmark Question
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 13:16:11 -0500

Bill Dentinger wrote:

> What a fantastic event you folks had!  I know each time BABY DOLL has come
> ROAD AMERICA, I have watched her fly around the course with my mouth open.

> BABY DOLL is no Virgin.  Most impressive.

It was my great pleasure, on a very sunny day in the early sixties, to be
gridded next to Lew Spencer's Morgan at a Cal Club event held at Chavez
Ravine (yep, the ball park parking lot). My TR4 lost it's brake fluid in
turn 2 of lap 1, but Lew--as I recall--motored on to his usual victory. His
cars were very fast then . . . and obviously remain so today.

Jim Hill
Madison WI