fot

Re: Water jackets "MURIATIC ACID" use

To: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>, Greg Solow <Gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Subject: Re: Water jackets "MURIATIC ACID" use
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 07:51:29 -0400
At 10:48 PM 10/24/99 -0700, jmwagner wrote:
>One thing I learned from him is that the "Muriatic Acid" (for pools) that you
>buy at the local hardware store is not nearly as strong as the acid sold by
>pool-specific-supply houses...
>>Greg Solow wrote:
>>
>> We have use swimming pool "Muriatic Acid" many time for doing this.
This is
>> 30% hyrochloric acid.

If you know a chemist or a biologist, they have access to full strength
hydrochloric acid - of course, this is extremely dangerous stuff and
requires the appropriate precautions...I've ruined many a good T-shirt
and jeans with acid burn holes that way!

later,

John Lye

'59 TR-3A, '62 TR-4, '70 GT-6+
email: rjl6n@virginia.edu