fot

RE: Assistance needed please/Missouri area

To: "'Mark J Bradakis'" <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: RE: Assistance needed please/Missouri area
From: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler@robus.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 11:10:02 -0500
Mark, I think the race you are referring to was 1981.  I was competing in E
Production, so I got to watch the DP race.  Denny had chased Doc Bundy
(Porsche 924) pretty much the whole race in a pouring rain.  in the waning
laps, he was really letting it hang out, but miraculously, keeping the car
on the track.  Looked like he might catch him on the last lap, but spun
going up the hill in turn 1.  I think I heard later that the engine had
siezed.  It was a remarkable drive, expecially when you consider the level
of preparation of Denny's car, compared to his competition.