fot

Re: Assistance needed please/Missouri area

To: BillDentin@AOL.COM, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Assistance needed please/Missouri area
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 07:59:24 PST
>At one time had the fastest TR6 in the country.
>
>In the early 1990s he raced a very fast Lotus Super Seven in vintage
>events.
>
>In the early 1980s Pop Wilson had a whole slew of 'stuff'.  When Marchetti
>used to run the GATEWAY HISTORICS, Pop Wilson used to come down and hang
>around the TRIUMPH tent.  I do not know what he (Denny) has left...but I'll
>bet it would all be GOOD.
>
>As I recall, when he sold his hot TR6...the HOT engine was still in his
>basement.  Such is often the case.

    Ah yes... But there's video of Denny's race with Doc Bundy at the
    `81 SCCA Run Offs at Road Atlanta... I just happen to have a copy
    ofthe ESPN video... All the stuff that was broadcast as well as
    the stuff that wasn't. If you remindme next time I get together
    with you FOTs I'll bring it... Denny and Doc were goin' at
    it "hammer and tongs" and I wouldn't be to outa line in sayin' I
    think Denny would have had Bundy if his tires hadn't gone away...

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois        1962 TR4 (CT4852L)