fot

Re: A reply for MR O'Driscoll

To: Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A reply for MR O'Driscoll
From: JHOUATHOME@AOL.COM
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 11:05:35 EST
Paul,
I, for one, am enjoying all of your writing.  I believe that it is at once
amusing and informative, and at the same time really helps us all to
understand the proper context from which the object of our hobby springs.  I
myself have for several years been incorperating the stories of my "garage
residents" and their creators into my children's education.  The Triumphs,
MG, ALFA, and various race cars have all served to help history come alive
for my kids, as well as cement the enthusiasm for the hobby for the next
generation.  I even have had my '56 TR-3 to school on several occasions as a
teaching prop when I have been guest teacher speaking on various historical
economic topics, including the war years in Europe and the post-war export
ecomomies of Britian and other nations.  Without this foundation of
understanding there can be no firm grasp of the importance, good or bad, of
the current EC and the role it plays in our U.S., and the world's, economy.
True stories of real people are the fabric of history.  Indeed all history is
simply the weaving together of the stories of people, both great and small,
and of events both monumental and miniscule, into a never ending narrative.
I find your stories to be treasures, and I hope all Brit-car enthusiasts will
cherish them as invaluable pieces of out rich heritage.  Keep them coming!

Sincerely,
John Houlton

P.S.  Any chance of having you back to Road America again in 2000?