fot

Re: Peerless GT @ Le Mans..&...TRs at Mid-Ohio

To: N197TR4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Peerless GT @ Le Mans..&...TRs at Mid-Ohio
From: Roger Garnett <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 12:09:39 -0500
--=====================_4414120==_.ALT

At 06:37 PM 12/31/99 -0500, N197TR4@cs.com wrote:
Vintage Racers and Thickos,

 > I was doing a little research and gleaned the following information on this
 > low volume car that utilized much of the TR3 mechanicals:

 > In the late 50s, the Peerless folks shipped off one of their 4 seater
 > GTs to Le Mans.

 > Does anyone have any knowledge or experience regarding the Peerless
that > > > they  would like to share?

I've been running a register of these cars in North America and beyond for
the past 10 years or so. The register is somewhat background at the moment,
as my car is a basket case sitting in the back of the barn, but I have been
keeping up the database as owners give me info. There have been a few of
these raced in the states, including one at Sebring in the early 60's. Mark
Rosenberg currently runs a silver Peerless in VSCCA,  there used to be one
running up in BC, Canada, and John and/or Jerry Willbern runs a yellow
Ambro bodied Peerless out in California,  Bill Dentinger has recently added
one to his stable and is planning to race it.

You'll find some more details, as well as a publications listing and link
to the UK Peerless web at http://www.team.net/wayward/peerless/

                      Roger Garnett   rwg1@cornell.edu  (607) 533-7735
                              Team.Net Webmaster http://www.team.net
      The Wayward Sports Car Centre http://www.team.net/wayward/
                   All Donations of Sports & British cars & parts accepted.
                             The drop off bin is right behind the barn.