fot

Re: Peerless GT @ Le Mans..&...TRs at Mid-Ohio

To: rwg1@cornell.edu, N197TR4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Peerless GT @ Le Mans..&...TRs at Mid-Ohio
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 12:03:33 EST
Roger Garnett said:  << Bill Dentinger has recently added
one to his stable and is planning to race it., >>

Clarification:

Bill Dentinger AND BOB WISMER bought this Peerless together.  Bill Dentinger
is so noisy, he tends to get more than his fair share of attention.  But make
no mistake, the THUNDER BOLT, the TALISMAN, and the PEERLESS are OUR CARS
(50-50).

Our Peerless has a roll bar, and even some limited competition history
(VSCCA) out east, but the effort needed to make it race ready, much less
competitive, will probably prevent us from doing so any time soon.  Bob and I
each have had it out on the road.  We've put some miles on it.  It is a neat
car.  Fun to drive.  Ours is a bit sluggish in the low gears (for a TR drive
train), but really likes to take off in third and third overdrive.  We have
not found a road to test 4th yet.

Anyway, we are busy with the TALISMAN now.  It should race (albeit with a
bone stock E-105 engine) sometime in 2000.  It won't be fast, but it should
be pretty (that's as opposed to butt ugly).  We have it's optional Cortina
cross-flow competition engine on the shelf.  We'll try to get it sorted out
first with the stock engine, and then put the hotter engine in next year, or
the year after.

Bill Dentinger

Bill Dentinger