fot

Re: Peerless GT @ Le Mans..&...TRs at Mid-Ohio

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>, <team-thicko@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Peerless GT @ Le Mans..&...TRs at Mid-Ohio
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 14:37:09 -0800
While I was service manager at Cal Sales in Gardena California the Peerless
coupes were imported.  I think we probably had about a dozen in all.  The
main problem we had was that every one had to be stripped right down to the
bare fibreglass to grind out all the little gas pockets from the imporperly
cured glass work. EVERY car that was sold here was done in this fashion at a
terrible cost which in turn was warrantied and probably helped put the
manufacturer out of business.  The Cal Sales cars were re- painted a metalic
tone which was very IN at the time. Dorothy Dean drove a metalic Purple
Peerless for a while while her partner Paul Bernhardt has a metalic green
devil. They went the way of all things....down the road to somewhere else.
These cars were featured by Cal Sales in the L.A. car. show