fot

Re: Bye Bye WestCo AGM battery & Moss-London!

To: <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Bye Bye WestCo AGM battery & Moss-London!
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 23:27:02 -0500
Leon
I have used Optima batteries in both my TR3 and Spitfire racecars, and they
have been problem free.  I used a red, top post one, even though I did not
have a generator/alternator.  When it was low on charge after a weekend of
use, it did sometimes give my 10 amp charger a hard time.
I am planning to buy a yellow-deep cycle one for this year.
According to an old Racer Wholesale catalog, the red top is BCI Group 34,
weighs 39.5lbs, and is 9-15/16L x 6-3/4W x 7-13/16H (all in inches).  Aside
from the options of top post or side post, I am not aware of any
differences.
I believe that the yellow top has the same dimensions but it weighs 42lbs.
JOE