fot

Spotted Dick

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spotted Dick
From: mikee@ragtops.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 16:18:19 -0500
English listers,
    I have been invited to supply a treat at an MG club
meeting. I have decided to make and serve Spotted
Dick. With custard!
    I copied the recipe when it was posted back in
November and being American I have some questions
about the ingredients. Here in Pennsylvania suet is
something we put out for the birds in the wintertime. I
think it is mostly animal fat/lard, we also call it 'fat-back'.
It this the stuff it means where the recipe calls for 2 oz
shredded suet?? Am I correct that 'currants' are
'raisins'? What is a 'pudding basin'? and how do I steam
it? This is going to be such fun!! Those MG guys will love
it!!
  For the custard is calls for 'caster sugar' is this our
'powered' or 'confectioners' sugar?
   I'm looking forward to trying this although I'm not sure
if I'll know whether I've gotten right.

Michael W. Engard <mikee@ragtops.com>
Ragtops & Roadsters, Inc. www.ragtops.com
British Automobiles, repairs & restorations
215-257-1202 South-eastern Pennsylvania