fot

Re: The Hub of the Issue

To: "Bob Lang" <LANG@isis.mit.edu>, "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Subject: Re: The Hub of the Issue
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:53:32 -0800
I recommended the change of axles on the TR-6 as that was the term we found
was the LIFE of the unit.  We ( as factory guys) could not use other
componets and so lost a few to find that the life was a real tihing and to
pay atention to it. The late axles are of course ianduction hardened but
some of the early axles shafts in the TR-250 and early TR-6's were not and
they would be probably half the life of the induction hardened units.
Several people have found great solutions to the axle problems and if you
have a serious racer take their advice and MAKE THE CHANGE.