fot

Re: The Hub of the Issue

To: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>,
Subject: Re: The Hub of the Issue
From: "Roger Beasley" <beeline@iline.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:41:46 -0500
FOTers,

I am still puzzled by the reply of Darryl Uprichard, owner of
Racetorations, a Triumph tuner in England, regarding hub and axle failures.
 He seemed surprised we here in the states were having problems.  Although
they were running 8" wheels and slicks on some TR's, they weren't
experiencing failures.  I was so surprised that I forgot to pursue the
subject with him to see if he had any possible explanation.  Perhaps they
disassemble and test the components more frequently?  One would think with
the higher cornering forces they develop, they would put more stress on
those parts.

I believe I saw some new alloy hubs (rear) and axles offered by Cambridge
Motorsports of England just the other day on the internet.  So, perhaps
someone is having trouble or why offer replacements unless weight savings
is the only reason?

Still puzzled and crack testing,
Roger Beasley
TR4 #75