fot

Mark Donahue's Daimler

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Mark Donahue's Daimler
From: matthews-home@att.net
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 02:46:49 +0000
 Back in 1964 I bought Mark's Daimler SP250 (Dart).
 In his book the chapter is called "a step backward" and
 says he sold it to a guy in Florida who he understood did
 quite well with it.
 I raced it in Florida and around in DP from 1964 to 1966.
 It did O.K. It ran on the banking at Daytona at over 150
 and kept pace with the Mustang 350s. I was angry that I
 could only hold distance coming out of slow corners with
 Sunbeams until I found out they were Tigers.

 The car has been up on blocks since it was repaired after
 hitting Daytonas wall in a drizzle.

 I have contemplated
 1) putting it back on the road, which Mark was
considering when I bought it,
2) out-fitting it for vintage, I am maintaining one FP
spitfire and am buying another for two of us to race, İhat
takesa most of my "spare" time,
3) selling it.

My wisdom I seek is - what do y'all think I could get for
it and what is the best way to advertise it if I decide to
sell.