fot

Re: Mark Donahue's Daimler

To: matthews-home@att.net
Subject: Re: Mark Donahue's Daimler
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 14:18:36 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 25 Feb 2000 matthews-home@att.net wrote:

[stuff deleted]

>  The car has been up on blocks since it was repaired after
>  hitting Daytona's wall in a drizzle.
>
>  I have contemplated
>  1) putting it back on the road, which Mark was
> considering when I bought it,
> 2) out-fitting it for vintage, I am maintaining one FP
> spitfire and am buying another for two of us to race, İhat
> takesa most of my "spare" time,
> 3) selling it.
>
> My wisdom I seek is - what do y'all think I could get for
> it and what is the best way to advertise it if I decide to
> sell.

[sarcasm mode on]

Hey - it's slow here today!

Put a blower on it and try selling at next year's Barrett-Jackson.

[sarcasm mode off]

The car has a _history_. It would therefore be desireable as a real
vintage racer. I don't squat about the value of Daimler anythings, but a
Mark Donohue car has gotta be worth more than a streetable SP250 might
be, regardless of the car's looks or anything.

I mean _Mark Donohue_, for crying out loud. He was _the man_.

If I were you, I'd try to get the car "period correct" for when it was
raced by M.D. and then try to sell it through Hemmings or one of the vintage
car brokers.

That's my $.02 worth.

rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |