fot

RE: Fwd: TR4 Wheels

To: "'Don Marshall '" <marshall@nefcom.net>
Subject: RE: Fwd: TR4 Wheels
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 10:07:37 -0600

Don Marshall wrote:

>Out of curiosity, is anyone actually using
>the 7" Panasports on their TR4 or 6 on
>_street tires_  (without spacers) and does
>anything rub?

For yet another perspective on this, check out the pictures of Gene
Garrison's TR6 with 16" (yes, _16_) x 7" Panasports with P215/60R16 tires on
a '73 street TR6.

Go to:     www.garrison-grafixx.com/tr6

Gene recently wrote to the Triumph list:

>I've got 16x7 panasports with rear tubes
>on my '73. I did the rear tube conversion
>_many_ years ago; it's the type where the
>mount for the top of the shock bolts to
<the sheetmetal. Not one of the more rugged
>types. Haven't seen any problems with it
>yet, though I'm keeping an eye on it. And
>no clearance problems with the 16x7s.

(Although his web page notes that there is "some rubbing on the left side on
full right lock.")

Nice looking car . . . something of a long-legged colt.

Jim Hill
Amici Triumphi
Madison WI