fot

Re: CR gear sets

To: <WEmery7451@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: CR gear sets
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 22:13:38 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: WEmery7451@aol.com <WEmery7451@aol.com>

>My question would be how many other modifications are required to the gear
>box before this gear set could be used?

Here is the ad as is written:

Close ratio gearsets for TR3B-6 full syncro gearboxes.

Used on most U.K. racing TR's, these gear sets may give you the edge,
particularly on a tight track where maximum acceleration is critical. For
all Triumph gearboxes with needle roller constant pinion bearings (23 spline
clutch discs must be used with these gearsets, which are available blah blah
blah).

The ad then lists stock gear ratios, and the ratios in the CR gearset (2.19,
1.57, 1.23, 1.00).

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
TR4A CT52499 VSCDA Group 2 #58