fot

RE: Gang aft agley

To: "'Jack Brooks'" <brooks@belcotech.com>, Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>,
Subject: RE: Gang aft agley
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 12:40:22 -0600
If Formula 1 is the pinnacle of race drivers and, as Mr. Lang suggests, most
F1 drivers are 5' 7" or so (especially the great ones - Moss, Clark,
Stewart, et al.) then it strikes me that the folks OVER 5' 7" are the ones
who are vertically challenged. Aren't they the ones who have to pound dents
in the roofs of closed racing cars just to climb in? Or perhaps we should
refer to them as spatially over-proportioned.     :-)

Obviously those of us who are properly designed for racing have superior
reflexes - in part because it's a shorter distance from the brain to the
right foot.

Jim Hill