fot

C/R GEAR BOXES

To: "FRIEND OF TRIUMPH" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: C/R GEAR BOXES
From: "David C.Wingett" <elkhorn@megsinet.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 21:05:28 -0500
AMICI:
    Wouldn't you know that my server would go down just as I have input
on  a subject. I hope this is not dated.
            I also picked up on a C/R gear set from Moss last year. BE
WARNED what I received was NOT suitable for a racing application !   I
strongly suggest that you use a spare case to mack up the gear set and
check out the clearances. What I'm sure you'll find is that the gears
are not set to the full depth of the gears.  IE That the gears are only
ingaging with half of the gear. Not recommended !
            I had sent this gear set to one of the best sources I could
find to be built. I was warned at that time of the problems and warned
not to count on it holding up to racing requirements.  It was a blessing
that the UPS driver (or drivers) dropped it off the truck and broke off
a 8" section of the bellhousing, jamming the drive shaft onto the case
so hard that it broke the gears inside.
        That is a story for another time that ends with "insure your
packages and keep recites".

                I couldn't wait for UPS to settle so I contacted Quafie
concerning there gear set. They recommended:  D.Vessey Vehicles Repairs
, N. Lincolnshire DN38 6JB  e-mail: dennis.vessey@virgin.net.
       I have no problem what-so ever recommending his services or this
box.  What I received for my 1800. lbs sterling was a fully built trans.
Not just setting in the gears but also all the shifter links were
rebuilt. This, my trusted friends, is a true racing trans.  Any one that
has driven a Formula Ford/ Continental / S2000... any thing with a dog
engaged gear set will know what I mean.

        David Wingett
        '74 street
        '75 E Prod.