fot

TR3 leaf spring bushing material

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 leaf spring bushing material
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 07:54:12 -0500
Amichi,

I'm just about finish pulling the rear springs off my TR3.  My wife, Susan
and I AutoX the car, but we also drive it around town regularly.  I going to
replace all the bushings and would like to tighten up the rear end, but
really don't want to have to deal with re-lubing squeaky bushings every
couple of years.

What types of bushings you been most happy with and where can I get them?
Polyurethane (graphite impregnated?), Nylon, Nylatron, Delrin,
Aluminum(not!), Kevlar Impregnated Kryptonite <smile> ?

Any other suggestions for the rear suspension, as long as I have the springs
pulled?

What is the best way to verify the springs are still solid?  I am going to
compare them to each other and to a set of unused NOS springs at a local
suppliers shop.

BTW - Kano's Sili-Kroil penetrating oil worked wonders on the leaf spring's
front pin.  I soaked it for three days and was able to get it loose and most
of the way out, pretty easily.  Once I disconnect and remove the shocks,
I'll finish pulling out the pin and remove the springs.

Thanks in advance,

Jack Brooks
Hillsdale, NJ
1960 TR3A TS69032LO