fot

RE: TR3 leaf spring bushing material

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 leaf spring bushing material
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 17:18:36 -0500
Amici,

I received a number of responses about the bushing material for the leaf
spring eyes.  Two new materials I hadn't considered were Teflon and brass.
Teflon is a surprisingly tough material.  I've seen it used in slide plates
and supports to restrain the motion of heavy machinery, and it definitely
would not squeak.

It appears though, that an effective overall solution may be Ken Gillander's
rear spring locator kit.  It has Nylon bushes for the rear and a set of
Stainless Steel plates to reduce the motion of the spring eye on the front
of the leaf.  His kit, being pre-engineered, will be relatively easy and not
too expensive (at $70), versus having custom bushes made here in overpriced
NJ.

Thanks for your input,

Jack Brooks