fot

FOT List Protocol-From your so called National Coordinator

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: FOT List Protocol-From your so called National Coordinator
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:20:44 EST
Please read the following carefully...although there is no rule that says you
have to. :-)

As I have been guilty of all possible transgressions, this is what I am doing
for myself:

*I am avoiding cross list tranmssions to Triumph List and others. This seems
to propagate more responses and blows our "elitest" cover.

*I am avoiding snappy one line responses to individuals, while including the
whole LIST, as they likely do not care or understand.

*I am going to be more precise in my subject line and change it when the
subject changes.

*I am going to respond to individuals or limited groups of individuals, who I
think might be interested in what I have to say, although it might deprive
some folks of the benefit of my superior technical knowledge. I'll just have
to risk that.

*I will always read what those individuals over 55 have to say as they have
earned the right to say just about anything they want and usually have
special insights.

*When I go on vacation or leave town I will subscribe to the digest version
and suggest that those who feel the need, in any case, they should avail
themselves of that feature.

Bill Burroughs, Jack Drews, Mordy Dunst, et.al. have made positive and
productive comments...and then there is our other partner...Common Sense.

This problem will likely pop up again, but I hope no one gets their shorts in
a bunch over it. The bottom line is this list is too good a deal to screw up.
The best of the best is on this list.

Regards,

Joe