fot

Re: Pile-o-Parts

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pile-o-Parts
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 13:51:38 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

A local British car nut (TVR owner, actually), forwarded a URL to me that
might be of interest to this list. The bottom line is that a person
has a pile of SAH parts along with some other misc. British bits, that he
wants to sell as a lot for $2500 - but he won't seperate the lot.

A quick summary includes cams, shocks, weber manifolds... valve springs.
Some stuff if for 4 cyl. tractor motors, some is for 6 cyl., including
TR250, TR6 and GT6.

I'd love to buy the whole lot, but right now I don't have $2500 to part
with due to other commitments.

If anyone out there in FOT-land might be interested in some of this
stuff, maybe we can work out a deal to buy the parts and split the cost.

Anyway, the initial posting is at:

www.race-cars.com/partbd/messages/4385.htm

and the fellow's name is Buddy (Omer) Norton.

Drop me a line if you might be interested in working out some sort of
deal. This stuff is "real vintage" Triumph race stuff. Well, except for
the Karobes "Rally" Padded Seat Covers...

Frankly, the lot is probably worth what the fellow is asking, buy I have
not seen any of it, so I don't really know what the condition of the
stuff is. By implication, the stuff is new, but I don't know that for a fact.

I'm pretty sure the guy is located in New England somewhere... in fact,
his name is very familiar, but I can't place him except from New England
Region SCCA stuff.

regards,
rml

p.s. I have a list of the items if anyone cares, but if you e-mail Buddy,
he'll send you a spreadsheet version of same.

p.p.s. Oh, and if anyone out there buys all that stuff, there's a few
bits in there that I might be interested in...

p.p.p.s. Bob T., there's an SAH Spit Mk 1 & 2 fiberglass "LeMans" bonnet
in the list... ;-)
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |