fot

Re: Seeking technical advice and thanks

To: mwilder@top.monad.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seeking technical advice and thanks
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:11:44 EDT
I have had the same, or similar, experience twice.  The engine would run
normally around bends and then start muttering down the back straight.  Both
times I blamed it on the ignition system, but it turned out to be the fuel
pump.

I eventually corrected the condition both times by struggling on a mechanical
fuel pump, and then going back to a new electric fuel pump.  Both of the bad
electric fuel pumps seemed to pass my pressure and flow tests.  I now carry a
spare new electric fuel pump with me.