fot

Re: LUCAS STARTERS

To: <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Subject: Re: LUCAS STARTERS
From: "Mordy Dunst" <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 07:31:25 -0500
To clarify: My comments regarding my rebuilt Lucas Jag starter within my
TR4a and its performance compared to a "geared Starter'. - The geared
starter is a unit built localy by a "large" commercial starter company.
They build many different types but mostly, import.  They concocted mine and
a couple of others from some parts they had and made it fit.  They seem to
work but, their aluminum chassis are somewhat weak and have required me to
get it fixed twice (tig-welded then milled flat on face).  With respect to
the Lucas (Jag...rebuild) -I can offer only anecdotal "subjective'' comments
regarding its prowess.