fot

Re: Panasports Question

To: John and Maggie Hornbostel <mgbme@tke.att.ne.jp>,
Subject: Re: Panasports Question
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 14:00:54 -0400
Hi,

At 09:16 PM 4/24/00 +0900, John and Maggie Hornbostel wrote:
>b) Any suggestions on dimensions for machining the backset for 6"
>rims?

I'm running 15" X 7" Panasport rims on my SCCA-legal autocross TR-4.
When I ordered them, I measured the back spacing on the American
Racing mags that came with the car and ordered the same back
spacing, so that all the extra width was on the outside.  I don't
remember what that measurement was, but your numbers sound about
right.  I reasoned that if I stuck with that back spacing then I
probably wouldn't have clearance problems.

Good luck,

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu