fot

One pump braking

To: brooks@belcotech.com
Subject: One pump braking
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 12:09:07 EDT
This certainly has the makings of very signficant thread...

We had MGB dual master and encountered the dreaded one pump disease a fair
amount of the time, for two seasons.

The conversion to the TR6 Motovac unit made most of this go away, thankfully.
>From time to time a "one pump" security tap is used following hard turns at
Road America, especially after turn 8 followed by a fast run through the
Carousel. Hard left followed by extended right sweeper.....followed by the
KINK! (Of course, no one brakes for the KINK)...but security tap is certainly
important prior to Canada Corner....unless you want to go to Canada.

I suspect it is also less likely to be a problem with a rotor of original
spec thickness and new pads installed, keeping the brake piston deep down in
it's bore, where it belongs.

Joe Alexander

<< I too, have had a loss in braking from a series of hard turns with my TR3,
 but this was on the AutoX course.  A pump almost always restored normal
 braking.  It's kind of exciting when the brake pedal just goes down to the
 floor.   =(8^0)

 Jack Brooks
 1960 TR3A
 1974 Norton 850 Commando