fot

Re: Need Weber tuning suggestions

To: "Matthew Wilder" <mwilder@top.monad.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Need Weber tuning suggestions
From: "baxter culver" <peyote222@dellnet.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 08:23:07 -0700
What choke size did Moss supply.  You probably want a 36, or 38 choke.
Smaller gives you better grunt off the line--limits upper rpm.  Bigger the
reverse.  The choke determines the velocity of the air column.  I would then
try a fatter main jet.  somewhere in the 150-160 range with an air corrector
at 180-190 range.   Your idle jet is probably ok.   At 3500 rpm you are out
of the idle circuit.  The emulsion tube likewise although I always had good
luck with a F15.   If you can find one, Haynes had a Weber manual (Haynes
#393)  which is excellant.  Has a good tuning section for the DCOE's.
Finally, there are sufficient variables in the jetting, emulsions, choke and
air correction to drive you nuts.   However, if you get really good at it
(and invest a small fortune in spares) you can keep the engine at maximum hp
by altering the jetting to compensate for air density and temp/humidity.
That's what the racers did before black boxes and electronic fuel/ignition
stuff appeared.  There was always one of the crew who could delve into the
mysteries of Weber and make them sing.  Good luck.