fot

RE: Need Weber tuning suggestions

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Need Weber tuning suggestions
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 00 06:35:24 -0700
>I have a set of MOSS UK Inlet manifolds and 45 DCOE's fitted to my TR4,
>and the angle of the manifolds is approximately 5 Degrees, to the horizontal.
<<SNIP>>
> I could not fit the K&N style of paper element air
>cleaner assembly, as it interfered with the inner guard. I had to modify
>the inner guard some inches to allow the air cleaner to be fitted.

I thought TR4s had loads of room! I'm running 45 DCOEs on TWM manifolds
in my TR3A. The front of the leading carb is VERY close to to the inner
wing.  I went with a shorty horn that is basically a rolled lip and a
single itg foam air cleaner with its sticky spray on grease.

The itg filter has a foam front and sides built over a plastic frame.  I
had to cut the plastic struts off the leading bottom corner and hog ring
the top and bottom rails together to bring that lower leading edge down
but it now fits with no interference.  The filter is less than two inches
proud of the carbs and relys mostly upon the foam front for breathing.

WHile TWM is out of the Weber business I believe they still sell Weber
horns, itg filters and backing plates for the TR2-4A.

Personally I think anyone with a lick of sense would be running SUs on
these TR engines.  I never claimed to be that smart.

TeriAnn
                      http://www.overlander.net

  The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
  with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.