fot

Re: Line Boring the TR-3/4 Three Main Engine Blocks

To: jaboruch@netzero.net, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Line Boring the TR-3/4 Three Main Engine Blocks
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:53:36 EDT
In a message dated 6/28/00 5:32:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jaboruch@netzero.net writes:

<< Many machinists tend to get in a rush
 and just take 5/1000 off the surfaces and then hone it.  That way they
 know that they only have to do the honing once, but in this case it
 will push the crank up into the block considerably. Joe (B) >>

Thanks a lot for the additional information, Joe.  There are a lot of
different angles associated with this operation.  That is probably the reason
why several FOTers have advised me to find another block if I believe align
boring is necessary.