fot

Just for the record

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Just for the record
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 08:18:19 +0100
Hi FOTers

Just for the FOT record, about a year ago, I was researching a few 'US' TR
racing facts for a technical article I was writing about race engines and
crankshafts. The following facts came to light about our own Hardy
Prentice.

Hardy has raced his 1956 TR3 for 25 years.
He qualified for the National Runoffs 25 years in a row out of 25 attempts.
He won the Divisional Championships for more than half those years.
He has 70 National race wins under his belt (I don't know about 2nd and 3rd
places).
He has never finished less than 3rd in yearly standings.

I should have put this on the FOT list before (hope I've got my facts
exactly right Hardy), because I feel any works team would be proud of such
a record, and I for one would like to congratulate Hardy for a truly
remarkable effort. I know Hardy is a stickler for detail preparation and
spends about two weeks before the National runnoffs in October completely
rebuilding his car with 12 to 14 hour days.

In conclusion, I know my late father Ken would have been delighted with
Hardy's achievements with his TR3 and equally impressed with his meticulous
preparation. Ken autographed a few copies of the first edition of my
Magazine Triumph Over Triumph and I have one such copy left. Thus, I would
like to present it to you Hardy for your marvelous effort with your TR3 -
which spans a quarter of a century of high achievement.

Please send me your address Hardy, and I'll post the magazine by registered
air mail.

Best wishes and 'Hardy' congratulations

Paul