fot

Rear Brakes

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Brakes
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 01:20:04 -0700
Amici, Earlier this year I was able to fit vented front rotors and
Willwood calipers to my TR3, but since then I have had too much front
brakes compared to the rear.  I have 9 inch alfins at the back, and
already have the bias bar set as far rear as it will go.  I know that
there were some aluminum 10 inch rear drums available way back when,
does anyone know of a source for any?  If not I may just put steel 10
inch drums on and live with the extra weight in the back.  Are there
any relatively easy rear disc brake conversions?  If I am going to
need to engineer it myself (like with the fronts), it will have to be
a winter project.  I can always put a proportioning valve in the front
lines, but then I will loose much of the great front brakes I now
have.
    This week is going to be very busy for me, so please don't take
offence if I don't reply to any responses until the weekend.  Joe(B)