fot

Re: GT6 Transmissions

To: Gt6steve@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 Transmissions
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:51:51 EDT
In a message dated 7/13/00 5:39:18 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Gt6steve@aol.com
writes:

<< A recent spate of transmission failures has had me thinking more than
usual
 about how to extend the life of our small gearboxes.  Parts are getting
short
 and at least my club rules state the case must be as original.
 That rule puts out a lot of options so I started thinking about straight cut
 gears being custom made.  >>

I never got as exotic as to have gears made, but after I started using Ams
Oil gear lube, the gears stopped failing (only broken transmission housings).
 You are probably already using a good synthetic oil (Redline?).

>> reengineer the box for Straight cuts with synchros-all for a piddly
$5000.00
for each set.<<  You will have to work a little more overtime!