fot

Clutch woes

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch woes
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 23:13:22 -0700
So here I am holding forth on how to fix clutch problems and I go downstairs
to finsh up putting the new engine into Peyote, and I find that the clutch
actuator arm is angled far too much toward the rear of the trans--I've
obviously not got the actuator dogs engaged with the throwout bearing.
ARRGH! Why do I work on these devilish contraptions. Now I've got to pull
the trans and fix it. So much with being done with wrenching for awhile.

By the way though, anyone suffering with clutch problems should check the
runout of all the applicable parts. My nice new flywheel turned out to have
.004" runout right from the factory.