fot

Brian Redman International Challenge

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brian Redman International Challenge
From: Patrick McMullen <pmcmull@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 08:18:46 -0400
I know this is late but vacations will do that.

Just a note of thanks to all the Vintage racers that put on such a
great show.
The Beady Eye racing clan always seem to have a great time no
matter what.  They not only put on a show on the track, but in the
paddock as well.  I enjoyed the TR-308!!
Bill Warner in the ex-John Kelly TR8 was really flying until the
clutch gave up.  It is really a fantastic sight to see a Triumph
race head to head with cars of such calibre.  Fans in the stands
were all asking what type of car was that green and white wedge.
I just grinned all day.
Kent Bain and his Spitfire must have put on the best show though.
He flat out drove the wheels off that car.  I loved watching him
dice it up with an E-Type jag, always passing him in turn 14 and
holding him off a good distance up the main straight.  Great
stuff.
The Drews family had done their homework over the winter and
turned their fastest laps yet in thier TR4.
Lots of great racing by lots of great folks!  Thanks again.

Pat in NC