fot

Re: TR axle breakage - my theory

To: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: TR axle breakage - my theory
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 17:13:56 -0500
Bill Babcock wrote:

> I really doubt that is happening guys--if the bearing housing was
> flexing that much it would crack the bearing race, and I don't think
> we've ever seen that.

I'm not talking about the bearing housing. It's the HUB. The portion of
the HUB inboard of the flange where the wheel bolts on. And most of the
axles are breaking about 1/2" down inside the HUB -- at the end of the
keyway.

In fact, want to buy my old bearing? I need the money.

Of course, this theory, like the last one, may not be valid.

--

TR6 -- 29 and still running
TR4 -- 39 but no longer racing