fot

Re: More on Triumphest and autocross.

To: TexasTR4@aol.com
Subject: Re: More on Triumphest and autocross.
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 09:01:00 +0000
Well, I too ran gymkhanas back in the late 60's and as far as I can tell they
are the same thing as what is called autocross and slalom
events.  There is probably some defining difference, but as far as I can tell
any difference seems to have been lost in the ensuing
years.  The SCCA Solo II events I have attended in the past year or so all look
pretty much the same as what we used to call Gymkhana!

So, I'd have to conjecture that technically, there probably is a subtle
difference, but in application there doesn't appear to be any!
I have never seen any done on actual roads, but I wouldn't rule that out either.

Joe