fot

Re: SCCA National Races/ARRC History/Burnside's Book

To: "Jim Hill" <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SCCA National Races/ARRC History/Burnside's Book
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:09:17 -0700
There was the triple R racing group in the late 50's maybe that is what you
thinking of Mike.  That was the Road Racing Register and was  a so-called
"professional" group in that they paid prize money.  Put on several events
as I remember.  My MG Special was sold to fellow that raced it al Willow
Springs and a couple others with that group. I was on the board of Governors
of the Cal Club when the big merger and all the interacting between the SCCA
and Cal Club was taking place.  Because of the strength of the Cal Club the
negotiation resulted in the Southern California region of the SCCA being
called " California Sports Car Region of the SCCA" cause the Cal Club people
would not give up their name. The production car regulations of the Cal Club
were then adopted by the Nat'l SCCA. I was the shepherd on that part of the
deal.