fot

Re: 4.3 ltr. Triumph

To: spitlist@gte.net, vinttr4@geneseo.net
Subject: Re: 4.3 ltr. Triumph
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 21:22:11 EDT
In a message dated 8/25/00 8:56:12 PM EDT, spitlist@gte.net writes:

> The 4 Liter straight 6 in my wife's Jeep puts out lots of power, but It
sure
> is Looooooong!  I wonder if it would fit!

Which, considering some of Triumph's postwar history, would truly bring
things full circle. At various times there were discussions about such
proposals as Standard-Triumph engines powering what became the Metropolitan,
and at one point I believe there was talk of powering a UK version of the
Rambler American with a Vanguard engine (the six, I think; my books aren't
handy at the moment). None of it ever happened, though. But it's great to see
that old Rambler anvil of a six-cylinder living on in today's Jeeps!

--Andy

Andrew Mace