fot

RE: 4.3 ltr. Triumph

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 4.3 ltr. Triumph
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 18:02:44 -0700
Actually, the Cheatin' Dog TR3 (yes, I'm appropriating the name) had a twin
cam Toyota motor and trans in it for a long time. I still have the unit.
While it was theoretically a 4 cylinder 1600 (based on the 2TG motor used in
Corollas) it was a Japanese version that came stock with two side draft
mikunis, twin cam head, and five speed box. I bored it to just under two
liters, put in some bumpy cams, raised the compression to 10.5 to 1, and
reworked the heads. On a chassis dyno we had 235 HP at 7500 rpm. Never blew
up, ran like a top. Stopped on a dime and gave you nine cents change. Geared
a little tall, but once it got rolling it sure did go down the road.