fot

RE: caster angle

To: BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: RE: caster angle
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 14:25:54 -0700
It's not called the 'Cheatin' Dog TR3' for nuttin'. The upper arm pivot is
moved in 1.4 inches and I modified the arm with adjustable heim joints in
all three pivot points. Adjusting (for example) the front inner arm out and
the rear inner arm in moves the outer pivot back, increasing the caster.
Moving both inner arms in or the outer pivot in increases negative camber. I
fiddled with all three and the upper arm pivot to get the roll center about
an inch below the centerline of the front axle. Very, very effective (the
FOTer's who were here could see from my in-car videos that my TR3 goes
around turns about as flat and neutral as a Formula Ford) and very, very
illegal I suppose. Though everyone is too busy complaining about all the
fiberglass, the square-tube skeleton inner fenders (about four pounds), the
webers, the roll cage that makes the TR3 frame superfluous, and the Wildwood
Superlight front calipers to worry about the front suspension mods.

So I got a little carried away...