fot

RE: caster angle

To: Ronald R Gates <Ronald.R.Gates@usa.dupont.com>,
Subject: RE: caster angle
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 11:57:20 -0700
Interesting approach. You could wind up with a very legal-looking setup that
would solve the general handling problems. I think you should look carefully
at the roll center as well. You can calculate that or get software to do it.
I need to find a copy of the software that was used originally to design my
upper arms--the guy who had it moved to Costa Rica (and I don't think he
actually owned the software).

The ride height shouldn't have much effect on camber for the small amount of
travel that a TR has. The upper and lower arms are close enough to equal
lengths so the relative angle shouldn't vary too much. I'd have to mock that
up to be sure.

Moving the upper pivot point inwards is how we fixed the roll center. Stock
is 3.5 feet underground--at least from the measurements on my car.

Peyote has a shortened upper arm, and I haven't measured everything to see
what it's doing. It handles very well, though it's not as neutral as the
TR3.